Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Life is good

Yeahhhhh Saturday was awesome! In the morning I went to a tag sale with one of my friends - I relish simple things like this now because in the past I had every excuse possible to avoid friends and activities that took me away from my drinking. Everything was such an effort.

I had lunch with another friend and his children and he gave me a beautiful necklace that has the serenity prayer on one side of the pendant and the unity symbol on the other.

And then to top it all off, in the evening I went to a recovery center with a friend. It’s a place that is open to everyone on Saturday evenings for dinner followed by a three speaker meeting. It’s a beautiful setting out in the country on rolling acres of land. I can’t imagine a better place for the people staying there to get sober. Sure beats the La Quinta Inn - ha.

Today one of my closest friends celebrates her one year. She calls us the Bobsey Twins (I’m dating myself here) and another close friend celebrates on the 30th. I’m so proud of us and so blessed to have these two women in my life. I’ll see them both tonight at my regular Tuesday night meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment